Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 is Over....So Now What?

Although this may be a little off topic of event planning, I felt the urge to post about this in hopes that I can solve a dilemma I have been having in anticipation of the new year. For as long as I have been alive, and well I would venture to guess all of you, we have shortened how we say the year or for that matter a decade. We abbreviate by it's last two numbers. You know like saying 09' is over or the 70's where a blast. But now what do we do? We sort of chalked up 2000 to being the new millennium as its catch phrase. While we could continue on that path, its old and played out. We could always just go about saying the whole year, 2010. Although, that doesn't seam to have a ring to it. And again the problem of summing up this decade, how would that work? The ten's sure does seem funny to me.

I know it may seem like something small, but for someone who likes to work with words as a living it has caused a bit of a conundrum in my brain. So if anyone out there has some brilliant catch phrase we can all latch on to, please inform me so that I can start spreading it like wildfire. 
Happy 2010... Happy '10? Ahhh you get the point. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment